In this article we will see how to print Dropbox files, from an Android phone. We are many who use cloud storage services to save our files. Dropbox is, next to Google Drive, one of the most popular. But many people think that the only way to print a file from Android, is going through the PC.
Nothing is further from reality. It is perfectly possible to print from the Android a file of the cloud service. And we will explain how to do it.
Print your Dropbox files from Android
Install your printer
Before carrying out the process that we are going to indicate, you need to make sure that you have your printer installed on your Android mobile. For this, it is essential that you have a printer with WiFi.
Your mobile phone and the printer must always be connected to the same network.
To install your printer, you will have to follow these steps:
- Go to Settings> Printing.
- Click on Add service.
- You will enter the Play Store. You can add the service of the brand of your printer or, if you do not find it
- Install the service that appears and you can print without problems.
From now on, you can not only print from Dropbox. You can also print directly from your Android any document that you have on your phone
Print on Android from Dropbox
Once you have installed your printer, it is time to know how to print directly from Dropbox. You will not need to download the file to your device at any time. You will simply have to follow the steps indicated below:
- Open the Dropbox app and enter your data.
- Click on the button with three horizontal lines that appears in the upper left.
- In the menu that appears, choose Files.
- Select the file you want to print.
- Click on the icon with a down arrow that appears in the upper right corner.
- Choose the Print option.
- Choose the printer you want to print from.
- Click on the icon with a printer that appears in the upper right.
What if I don’t have a WiFi printer?
If you don’t have one WiFi printer, you will not be able to print directly from your Android. Keep in mind that the phone would need to connect to a cable printer, if it is not Wi-Fi.
However, if you have the possibility to print the documents you have in Dropbox. You will simply have to access your service account on the computer to which you have connected the printer. From there, follow the indicated steps again and you can have your paper documents.
Have you ever printed a Dropbox document on your Android mobile? Did you find it a simple process? We invite you to tell us your experience with printing documents from Android, in the comments section that can be found at the bottom of the page.