The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro is a smartphone that, generally speaking, usually works quite well. But it is something quite common that, with the passage of time, it loses its faculties. Or it is also possible that you are going to sell it or give it away and you do not want the person who has it later to be able to access your data.
The solution in both cases is that we can reset our smartphone to factory settings. We show you the different methods you have for this.
Tabla de Contenidos
Ways to format the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
If you are going to format your smartphone to give it away or if you can still access the menus normally, this is the most comfortable method to format your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
All Android phones have a function in the Settings menu that allows you to return your phone to factory settings. But since it can sometimes change from one model to another, it is important that we know that we must follow the following steps:
- Enter the Settings menu
- Access Personal> Backup
- Choose Reset to factory settings
- A notice will appear that you are going to lose all the information you have. Confirm, and the reset process will begin
Once the phone finishes formatting, it will reboot. And when it is operational again, it will be exactly the same as when you took it out of the box.
If you can’t get to the Settings menu or have forgotten the unlock pattern, don’t worry. You may format your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro using the following steps:
- Turn off the phone
- Press and hold the power and volume down buttons at the same time.
- Release both buttons when the Xiaomi logo appears.
- In the menu that appears, select Recovery Mode. To move through this menu, use the volume buttons, while to confirm you must use the power button.
- On the next screen, choose wipe cache partition.
- When you return to the home screen, choose wipe data / factory reset
- On the next screen, select Yes.
Whichever method you choose to format your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, you should take a couple of details into account. The first, that if you do not want to permanently lose all the information you have on your mobile, it is important that you make a backup. And secondly, if you are going to give your smartphone to someone else, it is recommended that you first delete your Google account so that you can use it normally.