The Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro It is a smartphone with an excellent value for money. But, even so, it is easy that with the passage of time it no longer works as we expect. And in that case returning it to factory values may be the best solution within our reach.
In this post we are going to show you the two processes that you can carry out to format it, through the menu or through buttons.
Format your Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro
Via the Settings menu
If you have no problems when turning on the phone, the most comfortable way to return your Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro to factory settings is to do so using the options that you will find for it in the Settings menu. This is a fairly intuitive process once you know where to look for each option. The steps you have to follow to do so are the following:
- Enter the Settings menu of your Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro.
- Scroll down until you find the System section.
- Click on Recovery Options.
- Select the last option, Factory data reset.
- A message will appear warning you that all your data is going to be lost. Press Reset phone.
- You will see a second confirmation message. Press Delete all.
- If necessary, enter your Unlock pattern or PIN.
- The process to format your smartphone will be done in a few seconds.
Always remember to make a backup before formatting, otherwise you will lose information that may be of interest to you.
If you cannot access the Settings menu, you can format your Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro using the recovery menu following these steps:
- Turn off your smartphone. If you don’t know the unlock pattern, press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the power and volume up buttons at the same time.
- Release the buttons when the Xiaomi logo appears.
- Using the volume keys, go to the Recovery Mode option. Use the power button to confirm.
- Enter the Wipe Cache Partition section.
- After a few seconds, you will return to the previous screen. This time, go to Wipe data / factory reset
- A screen will appear with many NOs and a YES. Go to YES.
- When the process is done, go to Reboot System Now.
- The phone will reboot and have been reset.
Video. How to format the Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro, 2 ways to reset, by settings and by buttons (recovery menu)
If it is not clear to you how to carry out either of the two processes, you can see the video that we have published in our Youtube channel in which we explain step by step how to perform the formatting both through the menu and through the buttons. In this way, you will be able to see the process so that you can resolve any doubts that may have arisen. But in general it is something quite simple that any average user can do easily.
Have you ever formatted your Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro? Which of the two methods have you followed for this? At the bottom of this article you can find our comments section, where you can tell us about your experiences with this device.