Do you need to format a Google Pixel 2? If you have one of these phones, it is easy that over time it will no longer work as at the beginning. When we are installing archiyou and apps, it is normal for performance to be reduced.
Of course, that doesn’t mean that you have to retire your smartphone. If you want it to be like the first day, a good option may be to reset to factory mode. Next, we explain all the possible step-by-step methods to format a Google Pixel 2.
Methods to format a Google Pixel 2, reset, restart and Hard Reset
Reset the Pixel 2 using buttons, Hard Reset
If you cannot access your menus Google Pixel 2, either because they don’t work or because you don’t remember the pattern, you can format to factory mode with the following steps:
- Turn off the phone.
- Press the volume down button for 2-3 seconds.
- Without releasing the volume down button, press the power button for about 3 seconds and then release the two.
- In the menu that appears, choose Recovery. Use the volume buttons to move and the power button to confirm.
- When the Android image appears, press the power button for two seconds.
- While holding it down, also press the volume up button.
- In the menu that appears, choose wipe data / factory reset.
- On the next screen choose Yes – Release all user data.
- Finally, choose Reboot system now.
Format a Google Pixel 2 via Settings menu
Although the above process will solve your problem, it is true that it can be a bit cumbersome. Fortunately, it is not the only way to reset a Google Pixel 2 to factory settings. You can also reset this phone and do it through Settings menu, following the steps indicated below:
- Turn on the phone
- Access the Settings menu.
- Choose Backup and reset.
- Press Reset to factory settings and Reset phone.
- Finally, confirm by pressing the Delete all button.
Soft Reset – restart Pixel 2 without losing data, restart “soft”
When you return your Android phone to factory mode, all the data you had stored on it is lost. When we have a serious problem, it is necessary and advisable. But it is also possible that your mobile phone has just been a bit hung up. In that case, maybe you can solve it less drastically. For this you can do soft reset, that is simply a forced restart, following these steps:
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- If the phone turns off, wait a few seconds.
- It will restart automatically and without the previous roast.
Have you ever had to reset a Google Pixel 2 to factory settings? Which of the methods we have explained has been most useful to you? A little further down you can find the comments section where you can share your experiences with other users.