Out of all the TikTok alternatives I’ve tried, Instagram Reels has stood out for a number of reasons. Considered to have one of the largest communities of creators, Instagram’s short video sharing platform never runs out of amazing videos. However, when you use Instagram Reels, you will find that there is no official download option, which is a bit disappointing. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with a reliable way to save reel videos for offline viewing.
Tabla de Contenidos
Save Instagram Reels Videos on Android and iOS
Thanks to various third-party applications, it is possible to save reel clips to the photo library on iOS and Android devices. Video Downloader for Instagram (Free, available for Android) and InSaver for Instagram (Free, available for iOS) are my top picks as they make the process of saving reel clips pretty straightforward.
Even better, they are available for free. So you don’t need to spend money to save all the funny clips that catch your eye.
So, please download the app on your respective iOS or Android device before starting with the steps.
Download videos from Instagram Reels on iOS
- Once you have installed the InSaver app (requires iOS 11 or later) on your iPhone, launch it.
2. Now, open the Instagram app on your device and go to the Video Reels you want to download. After that, tap on three dots and choose Copy link on the menu.
3. Then open InSaver app. The copied link will be pasted automatically. Then touch Look and choose Choices in the lower right corner.
4. Then touch Share and select Save video.
That’s pretty much it! The Video Reels has been downloaded to your iPhone’s camera roll. Now you can watch it offline and even share it with your friends.
Download Videos from Instagram Reels on Android
- After you have installed Video Downloader for Instagram On your Android device, open it.
Note: You can launch the Instagram app (as long as it is installed on your device and you are logged into it) by tapping the Instagram icon in the upper right corner.
2. Now, start the Instagram app and navigate to the Reels video you want to download. Then touch the three points and choose Copy link in the menu that appears.
3. Then open Video Downloader for Instagram and touch the Paste button to download the video.
Use the built-in screen recorder to save Instagram reels
Both iOS and Android come with a built-in screen recorder that allows you to record the screen of your device. You can use this super useful tool to record your screen while the video from the reels is playing. And then use the video editing tools of the stock photo app to remove the unwanted parts. While this process is not straightforward, what makes it a safe bet is being a native tool. That means you don’t need to use a third-party app to save clips to your device.
Download Instagram Reels on iOS and Android Devices to Watch Offline
So, these are the quick ways that you can download all your favorite reel videos on your Android or iOS device. Although it would be better if there was an official download option, third-party apps fill the gap really well.
By the way, what is your opinion about Reels and what are the functions that have caught your attention in this new platform for sharing short videos? We would be happy to have your valuable thoughts in the comments below.