Rename an Android phone, It can be very practical to find it more easily when using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
If we have a personalized name, find our Android phone to send us something will be much easier. But being something we don’t do very often, you may not know how to do it. Therefore, we will show you the steps to follow so you can rename your Android. In a simple way.
How to change the name of an Android phone? when you use Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
Rename mobile device
All phones come with a default name. It usually corresponds to the model name of our phone. But this name that comes by default, can be changed very easily.
You will simply have to follow the steps indicated below:
- Open the Android Settings menu.
- Select the About phone option, which usually appears at the bottom.
- Depending on your brand and model of mobile, click on the Edit button or directly on the name of the device.
- Enter a new name for your mobile
- Press OK
Once you have changed the name of your Android smartphone, you can see how it appears with the one you entered when you go to connect to a WiFi network or send something by Bluetooth. Thus, it will be much easier for them to find you when they want to send you a file.
You can repeat this process as many times as you need. So, if you get tired of the name you had given to your mobile device, you will not have difficulties in change it again.
Rename your Android for Bluetooth
There is another method for you to change the name with which your device appears via Bluetooth. At first glance, it may seem a bit more intuitive than the previous one, since you don’t have to enter the Settings menu.
The steps you must follow for this are the following:
- Swipe the notification menu.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button for a few seconds until the Settings menu opens.
- Make sure Bluetooth is activated.
- Click on the menu with three dots that appears in the upper right corner.
- Click on Rename this device.
- Enter the name you want.
- Press OK or Rename.
It is important that you keep in mind that this method not available for all models of Android phones. For example, it won’t work if what you have is a Samsung Galaxy. In case you can’t use it, you always have the option of using the first method.
Have you ever changed the name of an Android phone? At the bottom of this article you can find the comments section, where you can tell us your experience.