El Xiaomi Mi A2 it's a relatively new smartphone, so if you own one it should work just fine, at least for a decent amount of time. But it is also possible that you see that everything is not going as well as it did at the beginning, apps and games get stuck, apps remain pending download on Google Play, Android errors are displayed on the screen or the performance of the Xiaomi Mi A2 becomes slow and tedious.
In that case, the best thing you can do is format and reset to factory settings. This way it will stay just as you took it out of the box for the first time. And you will be pleased to know that it is a fairly simple process.
Table of Contents
Xiaomi Mi A2 how to format, reset and restart
Forced restart, soft reset of the Mi A2
If your smartphone has just hung up, it may not be necessary format to factory settings. Sometimes doing a forced restart is enough, also called a Soft reset. For this restart, you will simply have to press and hold the power button for about 15-20 seconds. Once this is done, the mobile will restart automatically.
If it was not a serious problem, just a simple crash, it is possible that after restarting your Xiaomi Mi A2 it will start to work correctly.
Before formatting, make a backup
If the forced restart has not been enough, the way to get your smartphone to work directly again may be reset to factory settings. But it is important to know that once you do, your mobile will be as you took it out of the box. Therefore, all the data you have saved on it will be deleted. Therefore, we strongly recommend that before carrying out this process, you make a backup of all your data, photos, videos, songs, files, etc. Only then will you make sure you don't lose anything.
Steps to format and reset the Xiaomi Mi A2 to factory mode
If we can access the phone in a normal way and access the menus, the normal procedure is:
- We go to settings, and then click on System.
- In that menu, we look for Reset Options.
- Click on Delete all (factory reset).
- Then it will ask us to confirm a couple of times and the reboot to factory mode or reset of the Mi A2 will begin.
If you cannot access the settings menu normally, the following procedure does the hard reset or factory reset through the recovery menu.
- To start the formatting process, the phone must be turned off. If it isn't, it's time to turn it off.
- The next step will be to hold down at the same time volume up button and power button until the logo appears.
- In a few seconds you will have accessed the Android recovery menu.
- Choose Wipe data / factory reset. To move through the menu you will have to press the volume buttons.
- Select Yes — delete ALL user data and confirm your choice with the power button.
- The Xiaomi Mi A2 will take only a few seconds to format, now select Reboot system now to restart.
Once you have done all these steps, your Xiaomi Mi A2 will be exactly the same as the day you bought it. A very suitable option not only in case it does not work well, but also if you want sell it or give it away without leaving traces of your data.
You have a Xiaomi Mi A2? Have you ever had problems that led you to format and reset to factory settings? At the bottom of this article you will find our comments section, where you can tell us about your experience in this regard.